pipe bender's??????????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the fabrication gods where good to me on my b-day last friday i got a 16 ton 1/4inch - 3inch manuel hidrolic pipe bender and i am curiose how do u use it ne one able to help me out here i am new to bending pipes so if ne one has a how to or diargram on how to set it up please help me out thanx guy's...............

If it looks like this they are pretty simple

pipebender.jpg

yes it looks like that just a wee bigger

just not to sure on how not to pinch the pipe and what the different hole setting's are for

Von Stans said:
yes it looks like that just a wee bigger

just not to sure on how not to pinch the pipe and what the different hole setting's are for
radius the further out the longer the radius(bend)

The first thing i did was to flip it over and drill a couple holes in the bottom plate. That way you can bolt it down to something substantial. If it falls on you while bending you will be hurt. Then get some pipe to bend....pipe not tubing. Put the shoe thing (mandral) of the size pipe you want to bend. Then hold the round things in the middle and slide the pin in. it really dosent make alot of differance which holes you use. Slide a piece of pipe in and tighten the release on the jack at the bottom and start jacking. If you want a curved piece of pipe jack it a couple pumps ,release it.. slide the pipe an inch or so and do it again. do that how ever long you want the curve to be. It takes a while. :lol:

actually funny story

on my b-day when i went to go buy the bender the store owner helped me take it to the car and he had it on one of the scissor carts that pumps up... as i was trying to help him take the cart out the door he still had it jacked up and it snagged on something and slammed down from 2 fett right onto my knuckles and the thing has to way about 150-200lbs in the box ya it wasn't pleasant but i went home put ice on it for 5 mins then drank a bunch of beer and in the morn i was fine... except for the hangover....

Latest posts

Back