Picnic Paradise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I'm entering my old Huffy Galaxie in the build-off. It will be a good incentive for me to finish it! I'm posting a few pics of the before to start with and I'm thinking you can guess by the name where I'm going with it. Think girly, 50s, picnic :)
This is how she looked when I first got her. Paid $20.00 and had no idea whatsoever what kind of bike it was.
Picture005.jpg

e5be6637393d__12596536470001.jpg

7339b3967e2a__12596536310001.jpg

I discovered what it was after removing the yellow paint and getting back to the original blue and white (Huffy Galaxie)
Currently it is all in pieces and I've sanded everything and have starting painting.

somebody forgot to take down thier xmas tree. :)

looking forward to seeing what ya do with that old galaxy

Tiger grips! And open up that tank to see if there's money in there!

lol the tree is in my little flower shop...we have all four seasons out all year long...hence the tree. Sadly there was no money in that tank, but there was a dead spider...bleh. I had no idea I had the only girls bike entered tho I thought I might be the only girl in the competition. I love what I'm seeing so far with the builds and I'm thinking we're going to see some pretty great things come together.
The tiger grips came with the bike and I'm holding on to them...but they won't be part of this build. I think they might be the Esso Tiger and came from a cereal box in the 60s.
Good luck to everyone!

Back