Parts Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last fall there was this older gentleman (packrat) in my old town of Norton, MA. After a few days of not being heard from his children, one of his son visited the home. He found his father under a pile of stuff. I took about a dozen police, fire and EMT's to lift the father over all the things in the house. After recovery the old man was put in a nursing home. A demo team came in there to clear out the house and yard.There was stuff stored all over the grounds. Piles of lumber, stone, lawnmowers, rebar, bricks, trucks, tools, lawn furniture, scrap metal.
There was about 20 bicycles there. I ask what going to happen to them. They said if I wanted them I could have them. 17 of them were sent to Bikes not Bombs or over to Quad Bikes. The 3 I kept were the little blue 24 inch Rampar that Waldo now has, a woman's Columbia with a suicide shifter on it and a 1920's woman's Columbia with wooden rim wheels. I told one of the guys there if the knew that they had such a rare bike there. They knew about it and said that was the one that he thinks pulled out with this backhoe. Well the frame was bent and the front wheel was broken.
Yesterday I finally got around to decide what to do with it. Parts bike. Here is the photos of the deconstruction of the Columbia. Many good parts, but not the frame. It had the fender with the hole for the skirt guard (bent.) Front hub, head set, bearings, fork and front fender are in good shape.Chain guard has surface rust. Got to wait until the WD40 loosens up the peddles before taking off the crank. New Departure rear hub is good but is still connected to the rest of the wheel . Most of the rear spokes are rusted or half gone. Front spokes are rusted but bent. Does any one have spokes that will fit this front hub?

http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/354

No cars...

Aw man.. Sorry to hear about the guy and the bikes..

Back