PARACHUTES and WHEELIE BARS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen a parachute like the dragstrippers use put on the rear of a bike ? I'm dying to do it..and thought I'd run it by the gang here, especially if anyone has pictures.
I also recently came across a few wheelie bars - both the Whammo one, and a few made for motorcycle purposes...
thoughts ?

0210mmff_09+Ford_Mustang+Front_Drivers_Side_View_At_Track_With_Parachute.jpg

Throw this up on the CBN board, I'm sure John Brain, Mike Jones or one of the others will give you some great feedback!
Until then ....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Muscle-Bananna-seat ... dZViewItem

I do remember seeing bicycle dragchutes in comic books back in the late 60's/earlt 70's.
Chainsaw

Chutes n Ladders

It's always been my main idea to just make one, but being as I've been SWAMPED lately....sometimes it's nice to pick up a retro toy and try to remeber my youth ( cry :lol: )..I may have to tho. The ones I see are going for hundreds !

I would not use a parachute my self but i would love to see wheelee bars on a custom rat! they are easy to make too!

i have the part to put a wheelie bar on my bike witht the "suicide brake", the wheels are roller blade wheels, the bars are the front fork off a tiney bike i took out of the trash years ago, the axl is a front wheel axl. i have to prime/paint them though, but i gotta wait till i get foot rests and a handle for the suicide brake and paint em all to match. they'll bolt on to the rear drop outs where the sissy bars should go, but i used a bent bar for a seat post again cuz i dont like bananna seats and sissy bars. its gonna be stylin! i cant wait to show it off here! fast eddie outty

ive heard of folks who have a wheelie bar on a lean back krate style. just put your weight on the sissy bar and lean back- bam your on one (well, three) wheels... keep pedaling.

sounds like fun.

i like the part where the guy says:

"wheelie bar is a precision engineered permanent accessory..."

looks to me like he shoulda said:

"wheelie bar is the end of a sissy bar, with 2 skateboard wheels attached, that will bend eventually..." :p

or the part where the kids are standing on the back of the seat?

"see who can sustain the greatest head trauma..."

man, that kinda stuff would never fly in today's world...

oh those good ol' days...

October..that was frigin Funny what you just said!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that when I watched it too...also,
I think Riding in Bare feet is a bit of a No-No..If you like your Digits :mrgreen:

great Video though,
thanks for sharing it!

peace, :D
Kev,

What the world needs now,

Is more open head wounds on children. :roll: I bet kids today would go ape over slapping a modified version on their new Stingray Orange County Chopper bikes !
Someone make one ! I dont have a wielder !
:idea:

Back