Overpriced?? I think so.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy wants 75.00. Its in pretty bad shape. What do you guys think? I offered 25 and he turned it down. To me its not valuable by any means. Maybe salvsge the frame and toss the rest.
19f0c6abceb0fce506d13e583d9f8339.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I am new to this forum & am looking for some advice in regard to purchasing a G3 beach cruiser. I found two brand new in box G3 Newport Men's one speed Beach Cruiser's. One is a deluxe matte black/ red rims & the other is not a deluxe, graphite/ graphite. Both are selling for $339 plus tax. Any input would be most appreciated. Thanks very much!

I am new to this forum & am looking for some advice in regard to purchasing a G3 beach cruiser. I found two brand new in box G3 Newport Men's one speed Beach Cruiser's. One is a deluxe matte black/ red rims & the other is not a deluxe, graphite/ graphite. Both are selling for $339 plus tax. Any input would be most appreciated. Thanks very much!

Guy wants 75.00. Its in pretty bad shape. What do you guys think? I offered 25 and he turned it down. To me its not valuable by any means. Maybe salvsge the frame and toss the rest.
19f0c6abceb0fce506d13e583d9f8339.jpg

Personally I'd offer the guy $50, just cuz I like the frame. Maybe that's just me being new at this bicycle collecting thing.

To me other than the frame its pretty much junk. Chrome is shot. Wheels are probably trash. That bike is hardly worth 75 in perfect cond IMO.

I've seen far better Rollfasts for a lot less scratch. Last Snyder-framed bike I encountered was a Hawthorne priced at $35--all it needed was tubes and a good scrub.

The frame may have rust issues, it looks pitted pretty bad in places. Still, it would be useable and make a cool bike. Everything else might be too far gone, maybe the red band bendix hub and cranks are good and can be used.
Still, $25 was more than enough for the bike. I'd give it some time and see if he wants to sell again, because I don't see anyone else buying it. Then offer $20!

It's up to you on what you want to do with it you could just pop on some rims and tires grease it up and it's good to go but if your in the money game not worth it its going to cost you to much to restore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I only wanted it for the frame. Something about twin bar frames. I think they are cool but not 75 bucks cool. A friend of mine has a twin bar ladies Rollfast I can get anytime. I may go get it this week and build it.

If it were mine and I tried to sell it I realistically wouldnt expect to get much more than scrap price considering its junk. 20 bucks or so. Id be happy with that.

I think $25 was a high offer as well. The frame is the only good thing. I personally don't care for cantis, and sell the older frames in good shape for $10-$20 each all of the time, just to help people have a good base for a rat build. But that is the dual top bar so it might be worth more. Without the dual bars, you might as well be building on any other frame in better shape for less money.

I've seen far better Rollfasts for a lot less scratch. Last Snyder-framed bike I encountered was a Hawthorne priced at $35--all it needed was tubes and a good scrub.
I agree. There is not much on that bike that is worth salvaging. I got this Flightliner for $ 40 and it is fully functional and has decent tires:

The OP is running up against the "barn find" mentality reinforced by American pickers.
I've been binge watching "pickers" for the last 2 weeks and those guys sometimes buy some really bad condition stuff. According to them it's rare and saleable in their shop - but it would be hard to put it in decent usable shape. All these sellers see is it's old and crusty so it's $$$ (to them). Prob go to scrap if they cant find a sucker.:soapbox:

Latest posts

Back