open road distributed by Montgomery Ward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done several searches and nothing. I just picked up a "open road distributed by Montgomery Ward", serial # HC4130443. The headbadge is a sticker (which I am thinking 80's), it is heavy, and has chrome wheels. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what year it might be. Not sure if it is worth saving or turning into a rat rod bike. Will try and post pics in a couple of days.
thanks
Rick

no, it is a 10 speed with the 26"? (or close to 26")wheels. It has the old 80's road bike handle bars and shift levers on the top bar(backbone). I am thinking of modification plans for it. It has the friction gen on it with small tail light and head light, but do not think any of it works. I am at work right now so unable to get pics.

I believe it's a Huffy by the looks of how the kickstand is on it from the 70's & 80's.

If they are determined the same way as normal Huffy's from Oldroads.
The last digit of the year of manufacture can be determined by the first digit of the serial number.
Then you have to look for other characteristics to determine the decade of manufacture.
Example:
Your serial number starts with "5"
Your cycle has 26 x 1.75 tires
Your cycle has a built in tank
This would be a cycle manufactured in 1965

Back