One Of Life's Simple Little Pleasures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me is throwing a bike together out of parts I already have just for something different to ride at the next pub pedal.
Today I was off and I did just that.

Got this frame down from the attic.
1966-1.jpg

I'd been trying for quite some time to get the stuck goose neck out and finally gave up and cut it off. I was going to just cut the old steer tube off the original fork and weld a new one on but that didn't work out. I went digging for a fork and all I could come up with was a fork off a Schwinn road bike. The steer tube was too short on it so I extended it. Put on some orange wheels I'd painted and laced a few years ago, an Electra Concho seat, apes an old 2.125 Western Flyer tire in the rear, a real skinny tread-less tire up front and bear trap pedals.
IMG_9387.JPG

Used the tank from this 20" Firestone convertible.
pic021.JPG

Painted the apes black and tried to paint the fork to match the tank. Leopard print grips, a license plate and a ratrod bikes decal. Swapped the front tire for a little wider one. Put on some fork struts I had off a old girls Schwinn.
IMG_9428.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

These are my favorite kind if builds......It's not always about trying to "re-invent" the bicycle. :D

That bike is what this hobby(sickness) is all about. Something from nothing.

Good looking bike.

Back