Old seat post fix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN0990.jpg

I'd like to swap in a regular seatpost instead of the wedge type that's in there now. Has anybody had good luck with cutting a little slot in the seat tube to fit a seat post clamp? Thank you.

Markm said:
what kind of bike is that?
DSCN0923.jpg

It's a Janney Semple Hill, a private label for a Minneapolis hardware store. The folks at oldroads thought it might have been made by Evans. It's my son's bike. He wants to paint it flat black. I must be doing something right. I'll be sure to post it when it's done.

I have an old schwinn clamp that seems like it'll do the trick.

Thank you.

I can guarentee its an evans

I got a hudson with alot of the same parts, and i allmost bought an evans with the same parts as my hudson
lol
Btw-Ive had good luck with my seatpost like that, and im a heavy guy!
no slipping, no nothing...Do you just not like the style?

Cool bike.
Any particular reason you want to get rid of the wedge bolt seat post set up?
I have a Huffy that's this way and I like it just because it's unusual. I suppose a seat post clamp dresses it up or trims/finishes it out. On mine the seat tube doesn't extend higher then the top tube so there is no place to put a clamp.

TheFlyingDingo said:

I got a hudson with alot of the same parts, and i allmost bought an evans with the same parts as my hudson
lol

I want to put a particular seat on it but swapping the seat hardware isn't doing the trick. I even made a shim for inside the clamp on the seat but it just didn't put enough squeeze on the post.

Boardtrack fan said:
That looks like the same Evans frame that I used to make the Peashooter. Want to sell it?!

I was going to sell it a while back but my son said "don't sell the orange bike, that one's cool!" So now it's his crusier. BTW, I'm green with envy over the Peashooter. :mrgreen:

Tosa2112 said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

lol

I want to put a particular seat on it but swapping the seat hardware isn't doing the trick. I even made a shim for inside the clamp on the seat but it just didn't put enough squeeze on the post.
Hmm, Wow

Ive never had one problem with it

Latest posts

Back