Not exactly a rat...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late model mongoose brawler
1981 Suzuki GS fork

I took a dive on my mongoose a couple weeks ago in my university's gravel parking lot. Not even noticing (all) the blood and embarrased for going over the handlebars within 5 seconds of getting on my bike, i jumped back on and headed for class. At that point i realized i needed medical attention and immediately rode up the hill to the infirmary. I blame the bike for the huge un-stitchable gash in my arm and all of the parking lot i had to bring with me up the hill.

For this reason, i cut it up. Raking back a good chunk and adding in an old motorcycle front end makes this thing a witch to ride, but its great to be nice and low. I ceremoniously rode it down the hill i had to ride up with my injury. The wheels are 24", for reference. Needs some touching up, some brakes and a lean back seatpost.

500116839_9d1ef93e87_b.jpg

Great job. The second bike on the site to use a motorcycle fork. The larger wheels look tough. Did you paint it blood red for a reason? lol

lol...

i left the original axle in there (14mm) and i used a "ground down" threaded bmx peg for one side. i tried to duplicate it for the other, but as the pegs are aluminum, it snapped; the axle is just sort of hanging out in the 1/2" receptacle. Now that i think of it, i should not have ridden it down the hill at school. Im planning to remove the peg and put on threaded spacers, 1/2" and 3/4" OD (the two forks have different sized receptacles.

The metaphorical red: This bike and the Huffy Krate (which is almost done) were done for a presentation in my design class, and i wanted the chopper to be flashier than the primer grey and black cruiser. Plus as you pointed out, Cman, its hilarious. Ill try to get some aww-gross pics of my arm up. And yeah, its a real monster to ride.

Thanks

Been there

Done this with a yamammaha fork and a huffy cruiser frame, I cracked the frame shes now sleepin in a trash dump.

Latest posts

Back