No idea what it is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue bike was a project about 10 years ago I did with a friend. The s/n is k99d25378 on the bottom crank. When i got it there was schwinn stickers and head badge. I posted it on a schwinn forum to look for info about it and found out it is not a schwinn. I got it for free but it was on its way to the scrap yard. Its a nice solid bike so i was surprised someone spent the money to pass it off as a schwinn. The only alterations to the frame was cutting the head tube and angle it for the stretched out look.

i just picked up the pixie for my 2 year old son and that is my newest project. Not exactly sure what im doing to it yet. Found it for $2 at a garage sale.

427.jpg

By the serial number, i'd say the lowrider, which I like alot, is a mid to late 90's, maybe early 2000's Huffy Santa Fe or Cranbrook type cruiser. The sequense of k99, is the same my 99' (which i'd bet is the year of yours as well) Huffy cruiser

IMG_0793.jpg

Has similar lines as well, except the stretch job of course. Looks like a Cranbrook chainguard as well, over the Wald aftermarket chainring. The stock was probably a 4 or 5 circle cloverleaf like Huffy used at the time. Did I mention nice bike? 8)

Latest posts

Back