Newby Intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Dave, i'll be 47 in March and i live in Hurst Texas. (for you out of towners that's near Ft. Worth,Tx). My dad owned a bike shop for 5 years were i grew up in Buffalo, N.Y. called the Blvd Bike Shop. When i was old enuff to work there i became the "flat tire changer". The pay was low but the payoff was that i could ride any bike in the shop. Most of the bikes that we sold were used/refurbished bikes that people would bring to my dad either to give him or barter with. My favorites were the huffy, raleigh, & schwinn, etc.. style chopper bikes. Today i'm reliving my youth and attempting to build my own "custom" choppers with the emphesis on trike choppers. I hope to get more encouragement from this site and give the trike section more interest. Because i have a family, job, and other father/husband resposibilities,(celebrated 23 yrs. of marital bliss 3/23/08), time and money are 2 things i don't have a lot of. With that said,
My projects will also require a bit of welding here and there and without a welder or any real formal welding experience i'll probably farm that part of my projects out. If anyone could help me out in that area, that would be great. I wouldn't even mind being taught how to weld so when i do purchase a welder i'll have a good insight.
I'm glad this site is local and i hope to meet alot of stangers who will become friends.
thanks for your time,
da. Heet

Hey kustomkool,Welcome aboard!! I am in W Fort Worth & I have a little shop.I am always out in the garage chopping something.You are welcome to come by & work on something.My shop is always open welcome to RRB members.I should have a few old junkers for sale as well.

oldgreenbean said:
Hey kustomkool,Welcome aboard!! I am in W Fort Worth & I have a little shop.I am always out in the garage chopping something.You are welcome to come by & work on something.My shop is always open welcome to RRB members.I should have a few old junkers for sale as well.

hey C.I., thanks for the invite but you're a bit out of my way. i know because i've already been to yer home/shop. if i'm ever in the area, i'll give ya a call. check out atomiczombie.com for some cool bikes, trikes & choppers.

Welcome!

Back