Newbie from Detroit, MI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Great website! Very inspiring!

I'm from the southeast Michigan area. I grew up in Plymouth and now live in Ann Arbor, a pretty good place to bike. Not as nice as Boulder, CO though. I've always been impressed with their many bike lanes and trail system.

I picked up a Sears (formerly JC Higgins) flightliner. I love the tank and the rear rack. It appears to be pieced together from a few bikes. Looking forward to cleaning it up a bit. Still not sure if I will do too much too it... Although I do like the chain guard of the spaceliner with the "vents" and maybe some nicer wheels/ rims and a nice seat... Sounds like some light mods in the future. My son is riding a very nice Schwinn Bantam, blue. I was happy to win the bid on a conversion bar that was NOS never been open with the clips!

I'm interested in Evans Colson, as they were built in Plymouth, MI, my hometown.

My more modern bikes are a 1995/6 Gary Fisher Aquila (matte purple) and a Specialized Sirrus (matte black). Between my wife's several bikes and our kids seem to have two bikes each our garage is starting to fill up!

Looking forward to meeting the folks in the forum and learning more about bikes.

Back