New to the forum from Indiana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I was given a link to the site from Daddy-O over on the Schwinn Forum awhile back. I love collecting and riding old Schwinns. I don't have a Rat yet, but I'd like to build one soon. I used to not care for Rat bikes, but they've grown on me, I think it's really neat to customize a bike and make it personal.

I was going to Rat this JC Higgins I got, but I started cleaning it up, and it's turning out nice. My wife really likes it too, so of course that means it's not gonna get changed now.
-Andy
100_0559.jpg

Andy:
That JC Higgins Black Knight does look pretty good as is. I gotta agree with The Duke on maybe kicking it up a notch with whitewalls and possibly white grips. No worries. Plenty of other bikes to be found in worse condition for rat customizing. Hit those yard sales.

Post some pics of that 49 you have on the Schwinn forum, these guys will appreciate it.

Welcome! Funny thing is I lived in Fort wayne for about 3yrs! Still get down there for a ride on the River Greenway, awsome trail that I rode a lot when I live there.

I lived in Kendallville my whole life, up until a few years ago. I live just a couple blocks from the Greenway, my wife and I ride it all the time when the weather is nice.

I'll put some pictures of the 49 in another forum.

blue72beetle said:
I lived in Kendallville my whole life, up until a few years ago. I live just a couple blocks from the Greenway, my wife and I ride it all the time when the weather is nice.

I'll put some pictures of the 49 in another forum.
I lived on Rockhill by downtown, it was cool to have it close by. So when did you leave "K-ville"?

Latest posts

Back