"NEW PRIVATE MESSAGE HAS ARRIVED" A Day Late

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
has anybody else been having the problem when recieving PM's. I am not notified when messages arrive, only when I sign on do I see I have messages. But a day or so later I will get the message notification in my email for PM's that I already recieved. And yes I do have the box checked to be notified when PM's are recieved. This has been happening since the last update when a day/week was lost on the site. I used to get the notification within an hour of recieving a PM.
Hope this made sense

I don't know normally within 5 minutes i got a message in my inbox. One thing is I have the box checked to keep me signed in to the rat rod bikes site, don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

It may be the email address giving your trouble.

Maybe we could try assigning a different email address to your account to see if that makes a difference.

Just saw that you are using AOL...this is definitely problematic.

About 98% of the complaints I get from people who don't receive email from the forum come from AOL users.

Add me to the list!!!! :? :? :(

I want to change over, but the truth is i have so many contacts and people use them. I may just have to move it slowly and simultaneously.

I have AOL also.....Just recently (2 weeks) started having problems about PM notifications. If I read them, I don't get notified. Just have to sign in more.

Hey there,

I've apparently stopped receiving PM notification too... my email address is through yahoo but from a company that ATT bought out... not one of the major .net's or .com's

I don't know if the forum software has trouble sending to my host or what, but I realize it's been more than a month now that I haven't received a notice.

Not that it's hard to log in here and check, but I just was wondering about that. I checked my settings and I've never changed them from initial login to send to my address. People who email me seem to have no problem getting through...

I dunno what is up anyway.

-Rob ([email protected])

Chances are your provider's spam filter is a bit on the sensitive side.

You could always set up a free Gmail or Yahoo account and use it for forums.

yeshoney said:
Add me to the list!!!! :? :? :(

I want to change over, but the truth is i have so many contacts and people use them. I may just have to move it slowly and simultaneously.

Get gmail and let gmail check your old aol.com account. Then set your reply to code with aol.com to your new gmail address.

Back