New Ohio Rat Guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54 years young and still crazy.......living in South Ohio....love the old vintage fat tire bikes....heres a pic of my 36 Elgin 2-speed "car dodger"....not done yet....I picked up a killer reflector so I need to get a bobbed rear fender....painted the frame semi-flat black, the rest is bare metal and some leftover rust here and there. Also I plan on being at the Rat Rod Ride in Harrison Ohio on Saturday....looks like fun! Don

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/salvage/My Bicycles/HPIM3675.jpg[/img]

Nice ride! Welcome!

Hello! I just posted a query in "Bike Talk" about a frame just like your great ride! Please help me out! Did you have to alter/spread the rear frame at all to accept those fat tires? What size are they, and could you run 26x3.0???? :shock:

I love your bike! Thanks for dropping in!

bombshelterbikes said:
Hello! I just posted a query in "Bike Talk" about a frame just like your great ride! Please help me out! Did you have to alter/spread the rear frame at all to accept those fat tires? What size are they, and could you run 26x3.0???? :shock:

I love your bike! Thanks for dropping in!

This bike came with fat tires, 26 x 2.125.....if your frame is pre 1933 and had wood or wood clad wheels I'm not sure if fat tires would fit...I dont think 26 x 3 would fit on mine, especially on the front...

Back