NEW MEMBER INTRO...GREETINGS FROM COWTOWN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey Y'all...my name is Matt "Pappy" Forster from Kansas City,MO.I'm 51,lived here most of my life and like a lot of you started modifying stuff at a early age...model cars then 20" bikes,motorcycles then cars and
trucks ect. the list is long.My Dad has always been one to modify & improve stuff to meet his ideas of how any given piece of machinery should work &/or look so I owe most of my fabrication skills & alot of my
thought processing abilities to him...I give my Dad his due props...he is 70 something & still building hotrods down in southern MO.,Thanx Dad!O.K...having said that I can tell you that I am currently building a
Rat from a '58 Schwinn Corvette frame,I own a late model Electra RatRod (a garage sale purchase)that is stock & my current daily grinder.Soon I'll be starting what I'm going to call "RatSquared"...thats right...
a Ratster tandem using a mid '70's Schwinn Twinn Deluxe as a base.I recently purchased a mid '70's Sears 3-wheel 5speed that really has the gears grinding in my head,I'm restoring to stock my '47 Schwinn DX
(built for sale at B.F.Goodrich tire stores)and last but not least restoring to stock a '52 Schwinn Hollywood for my wife whom I'm trying to convince to go Rat but not having much luck.She had a Hollywood as a child & wants this one to look just like her old one...oh well...I'll build her a Rat later on!I've got to shuffle off to work for now but would like to thank my old pal mike for telling me about this most excellent website...
Later..
Pappy 8)

Hey Pappy, Welcome aboard the best rat bike site in the world. It was nice talking to you at the Peddlers S and S. Enjoy, be inspired and be inspiration. I think your wife will soon understand the cool of ratness. Dangerous Dan

HELLO&WELCOME!
L8 EM

Pappy said:
Hey Y'all...my name is Matt "Pappy" Forster from Kansas City,MO.I'm 51,lived here most of my life and like a lot of you started modifying stuff at a early age...model cars then 20" bikes,motorcycles then cars and
trucks ect. the list is long.My Dad has always been one to modify & improve stuff to meet his ideas of how any given piece of machinery should work &/or look so I owe most of my fabrication skills & alot of my
thought processing abilities to him...I give my Dad his due props...he is 70 something & still building hotrods down in southern MO.,Thanx Dad!O.K...having said that I can tell you that I am currently building a
Rat from a '58 Schwinn Corvette frame,I own a late model Electra RatRod (a garage sale purchase)that is stock & my current daily grinder.Soon I'll be starting what I'm going to call "RatSquared"...thats right...
a Ratster tandem using a mid '70's Schwinn Twinn Deluxe as a base.I recently purchased a mid '70's Sears 3-wheel 5speed that really has the gears grinding in my head,I'm restoring to stock my '47 Schwinn DX
(built for sale at B.F.Goodrich tire stores)and last but not least restoring to stock a '52 Schwinn Hollywood for my wife whom I'm trying to convince to go Rat but not having much luck.She had a Hollywood as a child & wants this one to look just like her old one...oh well...I'll build her a Rat later on!I've got to shuffle off to work for now but would like to thank my old pal mike for telling me about this most excellent website...
Later..
Pappy 8)
Praise the Lord and pass the cheesecake...feet don't fail me now!

Back