New guy intro...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Retired last year from 24 years in the Army and happened upon an old huffy cruiser bike... fixed it up and now just happened upon an old shimano 12 speed I want to convert to another coaster brake bike... whats happening to me?
My kids love the huffy cruiser and neighborhood kids are starting to like the bikes I'm fixing up. Is this the begining of a new hobby... or an obsession???
Any ideas out there to help me convert the old shimano from a 12 speed to a coaster brake?
Nice to meet you all...
Awesome site!
Patrick

Thanks schwinnspastic.....
Any suggestions where I can get a replacement rear tire??
Pat

well what I would suggest first and something I do promote often is your local bike shop if not there then plenty of internet shops,the local
dump or thrift store or the for sale page in this forrum the list goes on sooooo what exactly would you like to do ....post the question in
the "how to section"

Thanks everyone... I just finished cutting off all the excess stuff from the bike, pulling it all apart and cleaning it with my son. We've got it about 75% fully sanded down and I'm letting him do most of the work on it now. He's 16 and kind of getting the bug himself too. Fun stuff... I should have taken before and after pics!

welcome as well and thanks for serving our country i salute you. where abouts are you located and it is easy to catch the ratty bug isn't it?

Thanks again,
I retired in Clarksville Tennessee, about 10 minutes outside the front gate of Ft. Campbell, KY. Home of the 101st Airborne division where I spent so many of those 24 years.
The bike building bug is great! Now my son (16) and his friends are in my garage as I write this working on thier own bikes... its catching! Now instead of asking why something works a certin way I'm starting to hear them say why not try this...
Pretty cool.

Back