New Bike Path Ribbon Cutting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night several of us Coasters attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for a new bike path in the "Midtown" part of the city. Most of the new path follows an old railroad easement and connects to an existing path. After the ribbon cutting we rode the new path and some of an existing path. More info and photos here.

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

This area represents a railroad turnabout.

IMG_7128.jpg

Fires around the state gave the sky a hazy look.
IMG_7119.jpg

More bike paths are always great to hear about.

I can't believe Kansas still allows burning. N. Idaho raises lots of blue grass seed and used to burn to increase production. California rice growers used to do the same thing, but environmentalist and others have pretty much stopped this practice. From an article online, they burn alot the prairie down there. Plus one person has died :(

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/story/766525.html
Agriculture experts said over the next few days and weeks, it's estimated that nearly three-quarters of the 4.5 million acres of native tallgrass prairie in the Flint Hills will be set on fire.

That's excellent! I'm lucky enough to have a bike path about 100 yards from my home. There's nothing like it.

Randy, That looks like a great bike path and the roundabout is a cool idea on an old rXr path.

Back