Need help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this bike from my wife's dad and unfortunately this is the only picture I took of it before I took it apart and it's an awful one at that. He's not sure what it is and I have found no badging of any sort on it. I'm pretty sure the tank and chain guard have been repainted so at one time there may have been stickers of some sort. Any ideas?

ff1b9535.jpg

the chain gaurd and tank look western fler to me... mid 50s, maybe 55. but the bike looks around early 60s amf/roadmaster. not positive though. whats the serial number??

although the bike also looks murray made western flyer. can tell more by the serial number if you have it though

I have a 55 western flyer with almost the same chain gaurd, but from before they could use the cantilever frame which was released by schwinn's patent lift in 1958, and thats why you have the cantilever frame because everyone went crazy with it when it was free to the builder. nice bike man!! :wink:

finito.jpg

Dang you guys are good. But where does the headlight on my bike come in? Different model? Different year? Do you guys know of anywhere that lists bike models by production year?

I think it's a '66, believe I read somewhere online that with Chain Bike Co (Ross), the first digit was the year. I have a more Spaceliner influenced version, I'll have to dig it out sometime and check the serial.
SUNP0002-1.jpg

CBC made several Dept. store bikes like Thunder and Star Jets, Coast To Coast, Norwood, etc., so it wasn't neccesarily Ross badged. -Adam

Definitely a Ross. I was working on the front wheel last night and noticed the front hub is stamped "ROSS" That was the first marking of any sort I've seen on it.

Back