Need Help ID'ing this German Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm completely new to the world of vintage bikes. Last year, on a whim, I bought this bike at an antique store. Since I realized I know nothing about vintage bikes or where to start with fixing it up I brought it home, put it in the garage, and continued to ride my new cruiser. Now I'm wanting to actually get it out and ride it but it has a few things that need to be fixed and since I don't even know what kind of bike it is I'm not really sure where to start. I did find a website with information on how to date a Torpedo hub and according to that website the hub is a 1952. That's about all I've been able to find on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know a thing about your bike other that it's cool, I dig the rear rack tank thing.

I'd say if you can get it all torn down and clean/regrease/replace bearings, that's a good start.
Check with your local bike shop to see about tires,tubes and rim strips.

Shouldn't take much to get it back on the road, there's lots of help here. And welcome to the site.

That brake cable into the front fender is new to me, I don't see any brakes.

All of the cool little details were the reason I bought it. I was hoping the tires would at least hold air but they don't so that will be my first step. The brake cable is attached to a plunger type brake. Google hasn't helped much there. I've found information about spoon brakes that were used on penny farthings so I'm guessing this is some form of that type of brake?

It could be, I'd be interested to see under that fender.
I did a quick Bing search, there's not much info on German bikes. It could've been brought here by someone who lived there, or it might even be from Austria or Belgium.

Keep us updated on the rebuild.

Back