My Wheelie Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my wheelie bar together. It's taken me several months to scavenge all the parts. Some I had, some were given to me and others I purchased from forum members and e***. I think it turned out well considering I had nothing to go from other than photos of other homebuilt bars. The extra thick 5/8" sissy bar I have on the seat seems to hold really well. There's hardly any flexing when I have it pulled back on the skate wheels. I could never pop a wheelie and with this thing I still CAN'T. :roll: With some practice though I hope to be rolling down the sidewalk with my front wheel in the air!

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

Looks COOL! Adds a nice touch to the bike! 8)

Very nice. Brings back memories of my 68 Camaro. HA HA. It was painted nearly the exact same color (factory) and I'm getting all teary eyed.

Where did you get those "strap" type clamps that are hold your wheelie bar to the sissy bar? It's for something completely un-related but if those little things come a bit larger I would be almost on cloud nine.

Rob

highside said:
Where did you get those "strap" type clamps that are hold your wheelie bar to the sissy bar?

Those actually came from the hardware department at Lowe's. They are metal with a (removable) rubber liner AND they do come in larger sizes! So you are in luck.

I need to see a picture of this bike propped up in the wheelie stance just to see the angle you would have to acheive to get the wheels to touch.

just curiose what you weigh cause i am about 250 lbs and i have dought's about useing sissy bar's but if your around the same weight i feel a little safer.......lol

Von Stans said:
just curiose what you weigh cause i am about 250 lbs and i have dought's about useing sissy bar's but if your around the same weight i feel a little safer.......lol
I weigh around 200lbs. The upright sissy bar that I have my seat mounted to is a heavier 5/8" bar from an '05 Sting-Ray though. It's pretty sturdy, but I've thought about running a bar of all-thread up each side for even more strength.

Back