my next build for my daughter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any sugestons on what i should do? i want to go the cruiser style
i know i am going to need to know how to make a suicide shifter 6 speed
i want to change the forks out what would you go with
handel bars?
thx for yawls imput
100_0980.jpg

Well lets see.......springer fork
white walls
white seat or her choice-[electra has real cool girly seats]
small beach or stringray bars
matching Grips
Her choice of paint..[girls have favorite colors]
maybe cute stickers..[Electra has girlie ones]
Iff gloss paint Then plenty of clear Gloss coats..girls like shiney ..pretty things!
optional-----colored chain and cute Bell
OK thats all,...... I'm going back to laboratory..come on Igor lets get back to the lab. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

id leave that fork on there, those things are greate, and if its a cruiser those things make for a very smooth ride. springer forks like ya see on alot of bikes look really cool, but after a while they start to squeak when they're moving, i dont like that part. i have a fork like that on a 20"trial bike i ratted and it's great. definitaly new paint, big white cruiser comfy sprung seat, white tires, big fat white grips, i dont like bananna seats or sissy bars so i say have a seat post bent to put the seat further back, white pedals, and beach cruiser type bars with a pretty flowing curve. my two cents anyway,

by the way, i think ratting these 20" frames looks way cooler than using the muscle bike frames, sorry muscle bike riders!!! no offense, just my taste! and i have one of those muscle bike re-pops on my lowriders - which i plan to remedy sometime!

fast eddie outty

Well lets see.......springer fork
white walls
white seat or her choice-[electra has real cool girly seats]
small beach or stringray bars
matching Grips
Her choice of paint..[girls have favorite colors]
maybe cute stickers..[Electra has girlie ones]
Iff gloss paint Then plenty of clear Gloss coats..girls like shiney ..pretty things!
optional-----colored chain and cute Bell
OK thats all,...... I'm going back to laboratory..come on Igor lets get back to the lab. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWHAHAHAAHAHAHJAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

that was hi;larious all the cute and girlie and stuff
and the igor bit

o man that got me!

Buzzy,
First things first, How old is your daughter? Do you really think she would like a suicide shifter? and could she really use it safely? Most girls wouldn't. Bring your daughter to this and other build sites and show her what other builds are up too. Let your daughter help you design and build the bike. Strip the decals off and see how it looks, change the forks and handle bars to something cool, the tires should be fat street tires of her liking be red, white, white walled or red lined etc.. Kids like to help if it's to be theirs let them help (so they can say they built it). I was just talking to my daughter and she reminded me of an old bike I built her, just before I had to buy her a new one. Just my two cents worth of experience. So with this said have fun. :mrgreen:

dos cruiser said:
Buzzy,
First things first, How old is your daughter? Do you really think she would like a suicide shifter? and could she really use it safely? Most girls wouldn't. Bring your daughter to this and other build sites and show her what other builds are up too. Let your daughter help you design and build the bike. Strip the decals off and see how it looks, change the forks and handle bars to something cool, the tires should be fat street tires of her liking be red, white, white walled or red lined etc.. Kids like to help if it's to be theirs let them help (so they can say they built it). I was just talking to my daughter and she reminded me of an old bike I built her, just before I had to buy her a new one. Just my two cents worth of experience. So with this said have fun. :mrgreen:
well said thx you just made up my mind and she is 7 but dont like grip shifter

buzzy said:
At that young you could always make it a single speed (use derailer for tensioner) and then put the gears back on it when she gets older.

100_2036.jpg

or if you wanted her to get used to shifting, you could use one of these freewheels, at least that way theres minimal gears to shift to and she'd learn how shifting makes it easier/faster.

cman said:
buzzy said:
At that young you could always make it a single speed (use derailer for tensioner) and then put the gears back on it when she gets older.
she somtimes rides a 10 speed so she can handel the shifting why she wants a sucide shifter is because she likes the old stingrays with the 5 speed shifter on them she tinks they look kool

well now you gotta educate me buzzy, you mean theres no springs or anything in those forks? did ya push em to see if maybe there just sticky? ive used several forks like those that came off of thrift store bikes and i havent come across one that didnt work, can you tell me the brand name of the fork so i can make sure i dont drop 10 bucks on a fake? gracias, fast eddie outty

fast eddie said:
well now you gotta educate me buzzy, you mean theres no springs or anything in those forks? did ya push em to see if maybe there just sticky? ive used several forks like those that came off of thrift store bikes and i havent come across one that didnt work, can you tell me the brand name of the fork so i can make sure i dont drop 10 bucks on a fake? gracias, fast eddie outty
they have rubber in their gives it a littel movement but not much maybe a 1/8"

Latest posts

Back