My New / Old Ten Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.Ahhhhh, I'll bet you where expecting a Diamond Frame
10 Speed..well

This is my newest and coolest Purchase.
It rides nice and is Freshly Tuned up,
but it does need some TLC.
The Headbadge is gone and all I know is that it might have been
a Bike Made for Sears.
Year :?:
Model :?:

But it is Awesome,
and lets just say...the Price was right.
I may do a Resto on this one,
any info on this one would be great guys,

Thanks,
Enjoy

Bikes0002.jpg

resizeBike.gif

resizeBike.gif2.gif

The BEAFY Dual Brakes..

Bikes0005resize.gif

I am guessing some kind of Spyder. I saw one of those come up once on CL. Bought the Grey Ghost instead from the guy and should of bought the Spyder too.

The 10 speed set up is cool as are the double bars with beefy brakes.

Oh Yeah!

That is a Sears 10 SPeed Spyder. Kinda Rare too. Most of the ten speed ones I see are purple. I have a complete NOS 10 speed shifter system for one of these, mmmmmmmmmmmm Good! I also have the correct front 24" wheel as well as a matching pair or 24 inch Sears redline slick and brick tires OR you can go totally old scool with a pair of Ted Williams pinner white wall tires (still in the wrapper!) 24 x 1.75. Those bars were optional, but they are uncomfortable for any long distance ride. The seat looks wrong too, but it may be a later model Spyder seat from a 20 inch bike - not sure from the pic.

Looks like you have most of the stuff for it. Let me know if you looking for parts or looking to unload it!

Joe

See my post above

I was typing while you guys were chatting, LOL

Joe

Awesome Score! The more I look at it the more I like it. How fast does it go?

MOD

MOD, man...all I can say is it's very MOD, right Groovy. :wink:

Sears Spyder...maaaaaaybe.

Picture from NEMBM of Sears 10 sp Spyder.:

10speedspyder.jpg

From NEMBM: "Sears 10 sp Spyder. 24" redline tires and cool purple paint did not keep this from being a Manta Ray type failure. These are not sought after now so even this C9 example has little value."

http://www.nemusclebikes.com/bikes16.html

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh what does he know! he has too many $5K Schwinn Krates to know what 'VALUE' really means :wink: :wink: :wink:

Your frame is quite diffrent than one pictured (which is Schwinn knockoffish)...but never the less, very MOD. Peace...

P.S.

But this one (from U.K. site) does have the 'unique' frame :eek: :

sears-spyder.jpg

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=4027

And again with the Schwinn knockoffish frame:

toms68Spyder10.jpg

NOTE: the graphics on this (20/20 model) one are same as your (faded) ones and same color...

Must be diffrent year models, eh? or or or yours is the 'export' model :mrgreen:

O.K. Trust Flea-bay to have the 'goods'

7f8d_1.JPG

1d12_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-SEARS-SPYDER- ... dZViewItem

Yes, different years, but...

But, here is the kicker, Have a look at my 24" Sears Spaceliner/SpaceRay frame! Similarity??? I think so! Interchangeable, mmm I bet. Kev, all you need is a tank and you are good to go! The only Sears SpaceRay 10 Speed!

spaceray1.jpg

so this E bay Link looks to be Exactly what I have
A Sears Spyder..
But Mine is Blue and Mine is a Ten Speed...not a 5 like the
E Bay Link.

If anyone has a Headbadge...yaa right..
I'll Buy it..and Thanks Ratfink..and YESHONEY for the Help..

peace,
Kev.

Search

my current ebay items under username YESHONEY. It has one day left on it. It is the SPyder frame with chainguard on it. It also has a headbadge! mmmmm a few days late as it has a few bids on it already.

Joe

Crazy man...

Man that spaceliner is crazy!!! It combines the 50's and 60's LOL :shock: Never seen one.

Does it have a rear disk or ? what's up with the rear brakes?

Back