My latest purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2007_0724072407-0048.jpg

2007_0724072407-0049.jpg

Not too shabby for 50 bucks. And so let the next build begin!!!!

Lefty

Nice score! That style of Schwinn is one of the more uncommon ones. One year only, I think. Maybe two years? Either way, yours look's to be in great shape.

-Mp

Even cooler is that I now own two of this style of frame.

I bought from the original owner. He said everything is original but the pedals. He bought back in '62 when he had a paper route. He bought it with paper route money just so he pick up another route to make even more money, pretty enterprising even as a kid.

Pretty much everthing will stay the same except the rims(I want the 2 speed for my bike, and the front rim is missing 6 spokes and is pretty rusted) and possibly the handle bars depending on what my father inlaw wants. Everything else is in great shape except a bad spot on the rear fender, it looks like something was sprayed on a long time ago and has now chewed up the paint. We'll see if we can fix that later.

I'm going to go through it this weekend to repack all the bearings and make sure everything is tight. Then I'm going riding, yeah!!!

Lefty

Great Job!! Good luck with your build!!

sweet score, that frame style is awesome
should make for a nice build

My original intentions were to take parts off it to fix/complete my other '62(grips, crank, 2 speed hub), but now that I've taken a good look at it I just don't know. I know that the paint will stay as is, the fenders will stay as is, as for the rest I just don't know. I like the whole flip the bars, lower the seat idea. When I go through the bike, my FIL and I will discuss a direction to take this bike. I told him the next bike I built would be to his liking so that we could ride together with the chitlins to the park and whatnot. I'm pretty sure that at a minimum a new set of rims and tires will be put on. We'll see what this weekend brings.

Lefty

p.s. I will post some pics after I clean it up and take it for a ride. hehehe

Back