Morrow skip link rear hub Q?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

On a 1950 B.F.Goodrich

The brake lever is 'scrolled' Morrow but the 10 tooth hub is stamped...(hard to see because of the rust)

EGLIESE
ECCLIESE
ECCIFSE...MACHINE COMPANY
MADE IN ELMIRA NY USA
36 13

Anybody know anything about it or if it would be correct for this bike?

Thanks.

MagicRat said:
On a 1950 B.F.Goodrich

The brake lever is 'scrolled' Morrow but the 10 tooth hub is stamped...(hard to see because of the rust)

EGLIESE
ECCLIESE
ECCIFSE...MACHINE COMPANY
MADE IN ELMIRA NY USA
36 13

Anybody know anything about it or if it would be correct for this bike?

Thanks.

i'll look at my BF to see what it came with...not that it was correct...but if it is a skip-tooth, i'd guess it was what came on the bike.

I can't find the rear rim for my BF :(
I have another schwinn built non-schwinn bike with that hub...i forgot my camera so no picts yet, and i have it soaking so I can read what's stamped on it...more info to follow...

...also, the book I have w/exploded views has a REALLY bad copy (copy of a copy of a copy of a fax???), so I can't post pics of that...maybe the written description will help...i'll get that up in the correct section later

as far as i know bf goodridge bikes were built by schwinn and i dont think they used morrow hubs more likely either a new departure or bendex. but then again who knows i have seen stranger things. if you do decided to overhaul that hub be careful there are a lot of parts inside that hub the good part is they are very well built.

Morrows had Eclipse Machine Division on the outside of the hub. just below where it says Eclipse is a date code. A letter and one or two numerals. A date code chart and internal diagrams for Morrows are posted somewhere on the web. Hope this helps!!! Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know after 50 something years,it may have been swapped out.

Bendix or New Departure sounds like it would be more correct to me too.

MagicRat said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I know after 50 something years,it may have been swapped out.

Bendix or New Departure sounds like it would be more correct to me too.
back when the bike was sold (or needed repair) people were not thinking, "In 50 years, will putting this non-original hub matter?" Like today, people upgraded things on bikes. People had some brand loyalty (or they had good luck...leading to brand loyalty).

Back