mood swing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the burrito tied up on my bench at work I got bored. I wanted something to do and had a few bikes and parts laying around. So I mixed and matched some parts and grabbed a can of satin black. This is how it turned out.
From this:
downsized_0531091837.jpg

To This:
0704091125.jpg

0704091126.jpg

I had it together by 10am an rode it 15 miles soon after.
What do ya think?

The lever was already on the bars and those grips are a ..... to get off so I left it and went for a ride.

That bike looks like its dying to jump over some curbs! Nice...dig the ford toooo, 8)

haha cool little project........what boredom does to us guys.......and our old ladies hate that too..... :) .....looks great......nice work.....i bleed blue so i dig the econoline....302 w/c4 tranny....she must be a screamer.....

run your grips under some hot tap water, it will soften and expand the rubber and they will slip right off. I've done it to 40 year old grips and it works.

53pancho said:
run your grips under some hot tap water, it will soften and expand the rubber and they will slip right off. I've done it to 40 year old grips and it works.
If you can slide a little screwdriver or an awl inside for the hot water, it works instantly. :wink:

Hey...that truck looks familiar, do you live in or near the Fort? I can't imagine there being another like it or that similar. Like the bike, any of the burrito?

Hey, On your grips, if you can't blow air under them, Use the metal stip out of a windshield wiper and run it under your grip pour hot water in and twist, this may take a little more than just a twist if they have been on for awhile.

Latest posts

Back