Mini Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasn't going to participate this year. With all that has happened in the past month I've become a bit introverted. My son smacked me back to reality and insisted we do the build off as a father/son project for the summer. So here I am and the fact that he has free access to a sandblasting machine has nothing to do with it!

On with our subject, what we have here is one 1970 something CCM folder bike. From what I can make of it, it got a second chance at life at some point from the repaint I can see. It was headed for the trash pile when I got my hands on it and now it will have a third chance at life, a cool life. :D

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

The folding feature still works, I'm very happy about that.

IMG_1181.jpg

Gotta get busy taken it apart.

that will be a fun project. glad your son slaped ya back. will be watching this one.

Outlaw

I'm likin your choice, I've always wanted to get a folder (that would be a sight)............Hey Gerry, maybe some day, if ALL 2500 of us can get together, we'll ALL take turns "slappin" ya! :D

Cool choice for the build off! This will be a fun build to follow. I'm glad you and your son decided to participate! Have fun! :)

Since the frame is already hinged in the middle,would rules let you turn it into a swing bike?I know swing bikes hinge under the seat tube,but I wonder if it would have the same affect on middle support tube?That thing should turn out cool regaurdless!

Oh this is gunna be just different enuff to be really kool! Can't wait to see where you go w/ it,and way kool on the father/son aspect of the build!!! My daughter isn't into it (more into Poke'mon,vid games and...ack! boys :shock: :? she's 12),but my son will be 7 this month,so he's just getting to where he wants to/can help a little. Looking forward to that 8)

Singlespeed92 said:
Oh this is gunna be just different enuff to be really kool! Can't wait to see where you go w/ it,and way kool on the father/son aspect of the build!!! My daughter isn't into it (more into Poke'mon,vid games and...ack! boys :shock: :? she's 12),but my son will be 7 this month,so he's just getting to where he wants to/can help a little. Looking forward to that 8)
Enjoy it man, I've been building bikes with my son for the past 12 years. This is the first one he actually suggested. He's into cars now, so this might be the last one for a while, if ever.

xddorox said:
Enjoy it man, I've been building bikes with my son for the past 12 years. This is the first one he actually suggested. He's into cars now, so this might be the last one for a while, if ever.

I intend to,thanks,Bro :)
Nah,Mate,it won't be the last one for y'all...it's like Proverbs,man,if ya raise em right,they won't depart from it when they're older :mrgreen:

I'm sure some of you thought this build was dead and I don't blame ya. I was hunting for a proper fork since I want to shoe it with a pair of Maxxis Hookworms. The stock fork is too narrow for that. I found said fork and now I had some time and splashed the bike with it's first coat of Krylon Rust Tough. No prep work was done at all, I shot it straight on after going over it with a rag. Next up will be to make that wrap around rear fender.

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

Gerry :)

Latest posts

Back