Mars Lander #4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my projects I am working on. I got this bicycle for $5 at a yard sale.
2951034972_36f67358d8.jpg

Yes, the first thing I got to do is have the fork turned around.
2950206413_8f942ff4de.jpg

This blue seat will be used on something else.
2951072904_657af5917f.jpg

Mock up of what I want to do with it.

I also found a chrome fender that will cut to fit and a chain guard off a Sears Stationary bike that I would like to add to it.

"When man finally goes to Mars there should be a "no cars on mars" rule. We polluted one planet with already with them. So everyone bring your bicycles to Mars when we go."

That was built by Chain Bike Co., who made Ross bikes among others. The seat and sprocket are dead giveaways! Here's one of mine w/the same seat and sprocket. Great deal!
CoastKingStarliner.jpg

Part 2 of Mars Lander #4
2965704950_b9618dcdf3.jpg

With chain guard and fenders.
2965704956_ab77e17de0.jpg

Another view
2965704960_a0884a4722_b.jpg

Chain guard from a Sears Exercise bicycle striped and primed
I need ideas for a painting it? two or three toned?
2965704964_7c95d45979.jpg

Chrome fender will be cut at the little tab about 2 o'clock. right side for front, left side for rear.
Wires for the fender, that goes to the hub will instead go to the holes in the sissy bar under the seat.

No cars on mars

Re: Mars Lander #4 (11/25)

Was working in the Mars Lander #4 today. Cleaned up the handle bars and grips. They came out great. Then the bad news, the front fork shaft is bent about 3/8ths of an inch. So, I looked up into the rafters at all the forks I stored there. The first one was I grabbed was right I gained another inch in the fork with a steeper rake. I wanted to use the old style Raleigh fork with the chrome circle in it.
I also tried a 36 inch sissy bar instead of the 24 inch sissy bar. I also put on a longer seat post on it. This is going to be the very large chopper bicycle.

No cars on mars

im liking it, not too sure about the chaingaurd though. i recon ull make the guard look good tho. i like the nana' seat and apes look. specially with the full size mudguard ont rear.

There are more photos at
http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/142

I painted the second color on the chain guard. The frame is finally strip and is being primed. Also I cut and added a piece of wood in the location of the tank. It will be used as a sign board.

No cars

dude, no cars, the wine box idea is killer man!!! i love the look of it! but we cant see your pics on the thread, only on the clickable link. dont know how to change that. sweet looking ride though man!!!

Easy E

elvis51 said:
dude, no cars, the wine box idea is killer man!!! i love the look of it! but we cant see your pics on the thread, only on the clickable link. dont know how to change that. sweet looking ride though man!!!

Easy E
I have not figured it out either. I might have to now switch over to Photobucket.

No cars....

After 8 months of work, I have finally finish the mars lander #4 it started like this.
IMG_0005.jpg

Changed it to this

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Then this today
IMG_2109.jpg

Front reflector
IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

rears
IMG_2106.jpg

experimental bottle holder
IMG_2103.jpg

I could not decide what color to paint the tank, so two tone tank, dark green one, side light green other.
IMG_2104.jpg

Grips off an old woman's Monark. Huffy?
IMG_2112.jpg

Latest posts

Back