Malvern Star project from Australia - FINISHED (with pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well here it is all finished. i elected to put a rear brake on for the sake of my own safety. It rides... horrible! lol :lol:

fms1.jpg

fms2.jpg

fms3.jpg

fms4.jpg

It debuts at the 2009 VW nationals along side my brothers VW split panel bus. After that, it might get some pinstripes, or it might just get sold. Not sure yet. Coz it's a big old bike and storing it will be interesting. Probably won't be on here for a long while now.

I must have missed this bike. Cool forks! I think I would have moved the pedals forward to make it a little comfier, other than that it's nice! I really like the details with the speed holes!

some pics from the show today...

with my brothers split bus
mssplit1.jpg

mssplit3.jpg

couples of others...
mssplit4.jpg

mssplit5.jpg

the owner or the second split saw the bike last night and said "it needs a VW badge" in a grumpy voice. My bro then took it and put it in his van to take to the show. When I got to the show today a few hours after the vans above, the same guy said, "it's been getting more comments than our buses!" Turns out a couple of young fellas came past and said, "that looks hot" and he replies, "yeah it's a 67 panel van", the kids replied, "no, I meant the bike" :lol:

Back