Looking for a headlight to fit a triple clamp fork.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you guys/gals know where I can find a headlight that would fit a triple clamp fork?

I have the ape hangers, fat tires, and the fork...and it just seems right to have the headlight, like a true chopper. It makes for safe neighborhood cruising as well.

Also, where could I find a back fender that would fit over a 24x3" tire. Any companies that make these. I just need the back tire fender, I don't want to put one on the front.

I have found that a good way to mount lights on a triple clamp fork is to put a star fangled nut in the bottom of the steer tube (in the same manner you insert it in the top when installing the headset, but from the bottom).

This gives you a nice mounting point for the standard bracket or I have made my own versions on "non" standard lights (such as a spotlight off a police car).

I have found that a good way to mount lights on a triple clamp fork is to put a star fangled nut in the bottom of the steer tube (in the same manner you insert it in the top when installing the headset, but from the bottom).

Sure, I've got my chopper's headlight put on that way, it works well!

Sorry...

Mi name's Javier, I'm a newbie from Spain, and mi bike's a Kona Bikehotrod which I customize as I can.

Greetings!

yep use a star nut although the one used in my higgens boardtracker was a rubber washer captured between a nut and a washer. as the nut tightened it pushed the rubber out locking it. i was too cheap to get a star nut at the time. if you do use a star nut make sure to get the right size either 1 inch or 1 1/8th

karfer67 said:
yep use a star nut although the one used in my higgens boardtracker was a rubber washer captured between a nut and a washer. as the nut tightened it pushed the rubber out locking it. i was too cheap to get a star nut at the time. if you do use a star nut make sure to get the right size either 1 inch or 1 1/8th

that is a good idea!! easily done without a tool and could use parts found around the shop. Probably a Boat plug.

Back