Local Rides .... Picinics/ Potlucks ... Having some Fun

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, me again,

Could we get a roll call ..... How many of you Rat owners live in or around the Sacramento area.

How many of you would like to see an orginized ride once or maby twice a month .... maby even make it a pot luck or BBQ type of event monthly or Bi monthly.

This would help us all with the Networking thing ... Trading Parts , Buying parts , parts wanted kinda thing .... Swap Meet, meet new friends Kinda deal Ya Know.
Anyone Interested .... Inquiring minds want to know.

Stephen / Wingman .... Out

look at the bike event section or get ahold of karfer67. Adam(karfer67) organizes quite a few rides and is College Cycle's vintage guru.

I know adam ...see him at least 3 times a month, & he has never called me about rides..... Thanks BUT the Event center has a BIG O ... GOOSEGE FOR ANYTHING RESIMBLING RIDES IN MY AREA or I would NOT have asked ok . the only thing close is the turkey day ride ... thats a month away and nobody has invited me along
If nobody want's to have a get togeather I would fully understand ... Im Use to Parting ALONE & Besides it's cheeper that way .

Whatever LOL I wont bring it up again .... I thought this was a friendly place ??????????????

But thank you Mr. Clancey

Back to U , your turn , go ahead , Over

Wingman

I wish I could get down to Sac for a ride with you guys and this is a friendly place to hang out ...I would say just organize the event and
put the feelers out ....see what comes out of it.
I think Karfer has a few things going on but he has been doing those 2nd Saturday rides and everybody just meets at the bike shop,
check in with him.

actually....im in yuba but do go down every second saturday for the rides(starting at college cyclery)... the one for this month got canceled but on 10/11/08 theres going to be another(starts around 6pm at college)and theyve been going on pretty consistently since nov. of last year
heres a link to the bike events where its posted.......
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10117
were always trying to get more sact. guys in on them

Post up some ideas..I am from Manteca, and work six days a week, but I would love to get in on an organized cruise..not much in the way of them down my way..not too familiar with Sacramento, other than Arco Arena and the Drag strip off Excelsior..so a planned event might be nice..running out of nice weather soon though ? :D

I'm in Sac :D

I knew about the second Saturday rides, just haven't been able to make one yet (and won't in Oct either, out of town). :(

But count me in as interested.

This question is directed to those who have attended the ride in Sac on Sat. Would it be worth it for someone to drive from Oakland to participate? Thanks for the input.

well......thats a though one...
i drive about an hour to go on them and yeah theyre fun but it just depends on how many show and whats going on that night(if i can ever get ahold of karfer i can let you know whats going on this one)

Hey ...

Fianaly got to go for a second saterday ride with Kaffer & crew ... Basicly a ride with total strangers.

Unless you realy have a distaste for good times , great beverages , a festive atmosphere , Live Music x 20 , good Art & in closing great weather ... It might just be worth the drive up from Oakland ok .

There were I think ...10 biked ranging from sting rays, Classic restos, Wild 12 foot long hand made 1 off custom, Cycle truck , sensors 1920 somtin fixe, & of coarse my old rusty heap with everything in between ok.

I'm kinda married BUT ... I couldn't help but noticing a ton of great looking babes that I had to stop & allow to cross in front of us ... U know , curtisy. If ya were single , this would be a great place to scoop ... OOps I mean network with some cutties yano.

OK , alrite, I will shorten this rant up ,

WE HAD A GREAT TIME .... YIPPY, WAHOOO , Yeahawwww
CLICK CLICK, ... Here goes LOL .... Radatatadatadatatatatadatadatadatad ... click click , dam .. Pow Pow Pow Pa Pow.

Personaly, I'm looking Real forward to next years Seacond Saturdays Rides

Well I gota go re load now

Wingman Leader Back to Base to refuel ............ Roger OUT

still hoping that the weather holds out for the 2nd sat. ride in nov. and the wife has given me the get out of thanksgiving free card this year so i think ill be down for the turkeyday ride also :mrgreen: ..........i think the dayton will be there(no way am i doing a fixie on that one!) unless i finish my b10 before then

Wingman, thanks for the walk through. Sounds like lots'a fun. I will try to make it out in Nov. So is it welcome to outsiders?

UGH ??
I DO NO... LOL I didn't bother to ask ... Just went yano .
Tecnicaly, Im an OUTSIDER ok.

YIPPY OUT

You are rockin a cruiser right? Doesn't sound like an outsider to me.

Thank you Sir.... :) :) :)

There will be a cold fluid of your choice avaliable should our trails cross ok .

Stephen / Wingman .... OUT

Well I have a ways to go but me and my LBC are working on a ride/show in conjunction with the local Rat Rod Show that they have at the fairgrounds I would like to model it after the show The Coasters put on such as limbo contests, longest skid how about longest wheelie, but if we get an early start on planning Lake County has some beauty to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back