"Liner" History (Flight and Space)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know I'm not the only one in love with Liner frames, where can I find the history, or who knows it?

Currently google searching:

Designed by Viktor Schreckengost, " The American Da Vinci " for Murray Mfg Co who rebranded the bikes for Sears Roebuck and Company,Western Auto Stores,Firestone Tires,etc. Viktor designed an upscale Mercury bicycle for Murray that was introduced at the 1939 Worlds Fair in New York. Artist,Industrial Designer, and teacher at Cleaveland Institute of Art.

Spaceliner just sounds so much cooler that Schreckengostliner.

Thanks for the help guys, Google really didn't help me!
I am so in "like," with these frames, an aluminum one would just "kill me." Couldn't live without it!
As it is the steel chrome plated ones make me weak and clammy, I will own one!!!
Now mind you, I have rebuilt/restored many a Schwinn and could have kept every one but they don't yank me like the Liners do.....Or the Dyno's do!
Unfortunately for me I just missed 2 for sale here, don't speed kiddies, tickets suck!(yes I was speeding like that, I got 2 tickets!)(and was still late to work)

mikeeebikey said:
Thanks for the help guys, Google really didn't help me!
I am so in "like," with these frames, an aluminum one would just "kill me." Couldn't live without it!
As it is the steel chrome plated ones make me weak and clammy, I will own one!!!
Now mind you, I have rebuilt/restored many a Schwinn and could have kept every one but they don't yank me like the Liners do.....Or the Dyno's do!
Unfortunately for me I just missed 2 for sale here, don't speed kiddies, tickets suck!(yes I was speeding like that, I got 2 tickets!)(and was still late to work)

I've been hankering for a spaceliner for quite some time now; I'll get one eventually, but the notion of an aluminum one makes me feel uneasy. I always prefer steel-framed bicycles.

Re: "Liner" History (Flight and Space)

Aluminum Spaceliners?
Victor S. Was an amazing designer in my opinion.
Forward thrusted tanklights in general make me whoosie.
BrentP on the Cabe has done an amazing job compiling a Spaceliner reference page.. serial number cataloging and some pictures.
But then there is the whole array of Murray and Huffy/Monark with the same sputnix / moon race theme.
Some Spaceliner take offs like, AstroFlites, StratoFlites, Strato Flyers, Silver Jets, Silver Kings and so many more.
I wouldn't be in this hobby if it wasn't for the tanklights.
I raise my glass to Victor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dragnusa said:
If it wasnt for shipping Id be happy to sale off my liner to someone on here.
Hey I'm only looking for a frame and possibly fork!
I plan to get one and daily ride it, well when it doesn't rain in "sunny," Florida!
So mine will get a modern wheel set, like a set of wide ones, 3,8, speed nexus. You get the picture.
So how much for that liner frame in the window?

Rockit! said:
Every now and then I think about selling my Spaceliner..........................then I look at it. :lol:

I don't think I could ever sell my Spaceliner (Flexy). I've been riding it for almost a year now since RRBBO7. Took it out last night to watch the fireworks.

IMG_2384_zpsa2b37548.jpg

Back