Le Mirage - now The Gentleman's Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted something like an old Raleigh Sport or similar, a classic gentleman's bicycle, but I'm out of garage space, I just have nowhere to put one. So have repurposed the Peugeot over the past few weeks to fit the 'need'.

The Pug has been my regular Sunday rider for quite a while now, where I have a 25km run down to the markets at Manly to buy dog treats. And with the Giant Fastroads now getting my daily workout ride action ...

I recently upgraded the rear derailleur to a Sunrace unit and it's shifting perfectly and is a joy to pedal again.

Then I added the M Bars for a more upright stance.

With that done, the kickstand made sense - and then I found a really nice polished rack online and the Gentleman's ride started coming together.

Then from the 'why didn't I think of that earlier' files, the rear dropouts had spacers in them, duh! so I removed them and now there is 'just' enough room for the fenders I gave up trying to fit back in BO18. There's more chain stay clearance and I did't even have to adjust the brake pads. Double duh!

Gentleman be seated:
CON3.jpg

convert2.jpg

Happy Daze!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back