Ladies Night

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're having our 2nd "Ladies Night" on our pub pedal. This is where everyone including men ride a girls bike http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/25 ... ht-II.html

Instead of riding one of my wife's bikes I like to build up my own. Got this down from the attic today and built it up. Those lights have to be one of the ugliest things I've seen done on a bike....

pic014.jpg

pic017.jpg

pic023.jpg

cool!!! I never would have ridden a girls bike when I was young, but now I'll ride the heck out of 'em!!

People just eat up lights like that on ebay! My friend payed $150 for ones simmilar to those but they mounted on the rear hub using a special bracket. He also payed $50 for ones that mount on each end of rear wheel axle.

Nice, I Like the bike, Is that a stock guard? its got nice shape. Nice rims and tires too.

better switch those lights around before the coast guard gets ya lol i think res is port side (left) and green is starboard side (right)
lhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light
but its still super cool!
you need to tiki it out and wear a gilligan outfit lol

Rick... yes that's the original chain guard. The rims and tires are mismatched off of who knows what.

Hooch... thanks. I'd asked my Dad and he said right is red. Maybe he meant while looking at the vehicle.

Musclebikes... Yes it seems they used theses lights in a variety of ways on bikes.

Here's the bike when I got it a few years ago. You can see the cut out in the tank for the lights. It was missing one of the lights.

hawthorne_orig.jpg

the only reason I knew is I am covered in sailor tattoos and have some red stuff on my left arm and green on my right specifically because of that. and well I panicked at first and thought maybe all my stuff was wrong so I researched it lol

Those lights are hot in the old bike circles? LOL I have a few sets laying around from boats I used as a kid. My mom has a set in the garden as decoration.

Around here we were always taught the boat crossing your path from the right to the left had the right of way cuz you would see the red light on the boat. They would work like traffic lights. I see the red light, I'm supposed to stop. Sorry I'm driffting off topic.

What color are you going with Randy? or is this just a rebuild?

boat lights

hey randy, jon here. i thinki have the same set of lights. wanna do some tradin? :wink: ill swap a red or green for the opposite color. make'm match? :idea: also what happend, only one of you guys showed up from kansas???? :shock: seeya in sept.

Re: boat lights

jon said:
hey randy, jon here. i thinki have the same set of lights. wanna do some tradin? :wink: ill swap a red or green for the opposite color. make'm match? :idea: also what happend, only one of you guys showed up from kansas???? :shock: seeya in sept.

I kinda like the opposite colors. Adds to the quirkyness.

We had planned on going up there Saturday and spending the night. I ended up having to work Saturday and that spoiled my whole mood. Didn't want to drive up late.

Maybe we can make it to Ricks swap. I need to check the calendar though. I think we may be on vacation and off to somewhere else.

cman said:
aka_locojoe said:
After the ride I disassembled it and put back in attic.

Some attic you must have. Pulling out bikes left and right.

It's above my garage and not all that big. The garage ceiling is falling in though :D

Here's some old pics of just some of the attic

attic.jpg

Back