Kindergarten Cruiser...update 6-30

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kindergarten Cruiser...Update pics 6-7

I thought I'd try a something a little different. The lunch box was kinda cool. I have to decide between the basket and lunch box. Got the skirt guards on also.
001-1.jpg

0022.jpg

Starting to take shape.

Re: Kindergarten Cruiser...Plan B

I like the lunch box. fits the theme perfect. Reminds me of the one my older brother had. It was painted black and someone had handpainted "ABC" with an apple and a pencil.

Re: Kindergarten Cruiser...Plan B

Some progress pics...I'm likin the colors. Not sure about the lunch box. I'd like to leave it as is, but not sure if it still fits.
0052.jpg

006.jpg

I think the Cruiser needs a rack. What Cruiser doesn't right? This what I came up with. Gotta come up with mounting brackets.
0072.jpg

0082.jpg

Re: Kindergarten Cruiser...finally some color

The rack gets in the way of the foot area where us bigger kids stand when riding. :lol:

love it! love it! love it!

my hats off to ya for thinkin outta the box. i never would have thought about doing a kids bike, but i bet we'll see
a few more in the next build off! wicked bike? sooooooooo who's the lucky kid with a kindergarten cruiser in thier future?

icyuod2 said:
sooooooooo who's the lucky kid with a kindergarten cruiser in thier future?

I have a 6 month old granddaughter...she'll get first dibs @ grandpas. However...I plan to get her and any future grandkids a tricycle, pedal car etc... for their own. Kind of a family heirloom for the future.

I have a 6 month old granddaughter...she'll get first dibs @ grandpas. However...I plan to get her and any future grandkids a tricycle, pedal car etc... for their own. Kind of a family heirloom for the future.[/quote]
and this is a trike built by my great- grandpa, back when bicycles had wheels!

An update. Getting close to done. I have a few final ideas to try. 8)
0073.jpg

0062.jpg

0083.jpg

It is hard not to do too much. I want to keep it simple.

if it were mine....id paint the lunch box orange/white and ditch the rack(but then again i dont know anything....just ask my wife :lol: )

sensor said:
if it were mine....id paint the lunch box orange/white and ditch the rack(but then again i dont know anything....just ask my wife :lol: )
My wife doesn't like the rack either :roll: . I'm hoping the last couple details bring it all together

Back