kansas city gravity race!!! coming soon!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kansas city gravity race locations, bring bikes!!

Here's the lowdown for the gravity race on Sunday April 27th. We will be meeting at Rosedale park (up the hill from SW Blvd on Mission Road) in the parking lot by the skate park and tennis courts. From there we will go a few at a time to the road behind Rosedale that we will be riding. I will be there with walkee/talkee's and some help to block traffic.

At 1pm that same day we will meet at Blue Valley Park. The main entrance to the park is at the intersection of 23rd street and Topping in KC, MO. We will meet at the large shelter near the entrance. There is a kiddie park right next to this shelter. Dont forget the gathering at Coffee Break at 54th and Troost after the morning race, or the after party at Grinders after the afternoon race. Good times, good people!

Rosedale has tennis courts, frisbee golf, and a small skateboard park. Blue Valley Park also has a kiddie park and frisbee golf so you can bring the kids too. And please everyone, lets be cool at the parks so that we don’t get kicked out, and lets try to be as safe as possible so that no one gets hurt. We would all like to ride these roads again and we don’t want to give ourselves a bad reputation...at least not so soon! If there is a good turnout for these races then The Eddie's club, Midwest Gravity Riders, and other local organizations will work toward putting on a legal, insured, closed course gravity event in the summer of '09. Hope to see y'all at the parks!!

Fast Eddie outty

tragedy

This event was cancelled. the night before race day a streetluger named Steve (Baum-G) was killed running the hill that was the location of the first race that was to take place the next day. I was not there but from what I understand Steve lost control of his luge and after unsuccessfully trying to regain control went off the road and hit a tree. It is reported he was killed instantly. He was wearing full leathers and a motorcyle helmet. There are other details but out of respect for Steve I will not post those here. Please send a prayer for Steve's family.
Fast Eddie outty

My prayers are with his family and friends. I was watching the news last night and they had breaking news about the accident, I was thinking it might be our own Fast Eddie.

Back