Jumpin' into the Rat Pond

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ratsters,

I'm Spin (really Mike) from Cherry Hill NJ. I'm 48 going on 12. Seems the older I get, the more i dwell on my adolescent past. Could be due to the mutliple marriages I've blown through as an adult. Seemed to have done better before 21.

Anyhoo, I got into the bike hobby about a year ago by getting a vintage '69 Sting-ray, then a '68 midget.
Then I had a painting done of my ray and the Rat Fink and had a custom frame painted which all cost me more then the .... bike! To me, it's a priceless Picasso.

I swore I only wanted ONE bike to ride, but... you know how that goes!!

My new obsession is doing a Rat Rod like some I've seen on this site.

I wanna start with a 24" boys frame, as I already have a 20" sting-ray, so I'd like to go a little biggerr.

I'm looking to rat a 24" schwinn cantileiver frame (perhaps an American).

The American comes with 1.75" wide tires, but I want fatter meats on it. Do you think the 2.125"s will squeeze in?

It seems alot of you are going to the super fat 24X3s which wold look sick if they'd fit.
That's the look I want along with big ... apes!

Well good to meet you all.

Thanks

Spin

HELLO & WELCOME!
L8 EM

Ratsters,

I have to say, having been a memeber of the Schwinn Forum for over a year, from what little I've seen form your site, you guys are MUCH more laid back and friendly!!

I think it has to do with the fact that Ratsters don't care about "correctness", NOS, and that other jazz.

Spin

welcome aboard. i am also new here. a great bunch here, i am impressed.

Outlaw :D

Hey Spin whats up? I'm in New JERz to but I think I'm like 2 hours away.. lol

welcome! I too came here from another forum, bikeforums.net, and most of those folks there seemed like hardcore roadies who didn't care about any bikes not equipped with full campagnolo components, etc. Here are folks after my own heart, just diggin old bikes that are cool for what they are and fun to ride! Cheers!

spinman said:
Ratsters,

I have to say, having been a memeber of the Schwinn Forum for over a year, from what little I've seen form your site, you guys are MUCH more laid back and friendly!!

I think it has to do with the fact that Ratsters don't care about "correctness", NOS, and that other jazz.

Spin

Many of us are over there too from time to time, it pale's by comparison if you are into bikes for bikes.

You'll notice also that nobody cares here if you reference ebay. See, ebay, ebay, ebay. Which is funny because I'm starting to wonder if the Schwinn forum is actually the ebay forum (ironic, considering how you must tiptoe around saying EBAY over there)

Plus the Schwinn forum is technically inferior and populated by hens with sand in their va....underwear.

Back