Is it a Stingray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildcat, thanks for the info. And Green Dragon, Thanks for the heads up. I believe it's an S7 but will double check later this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93616784f4ce7d16be030d17e2a1f847.jpg
6fc6bc5d9c41284fea32ecf02dc1eaee.jpg
f1606ab2b4d8e07e1fcb3753452f618c.jpg

Found this crank arm and sprocket for $5 today at Working Bikes. This place is the equivalent of a vehicle junk yard, a warehouse of used bikes, parts, wheels, rims, etc. it is a non for profit organization that donates proceeds and refurbished bikes to different organizations throughout the U.S. some other countries.

Will be back for a chain guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's located in Chicago on Western Ave. They have some of the coolest vintage bikes hanging from the rafters...not for sale thou.

Yes, they sell parts, nuts and bolts just about anything. Cool place to hang out and talk bike stuff. 2400 S. Western. Open from Wednesday to Saturday

Last edited:
agree with Crash, wish we had something like that around here, reCycles, etc... a friend and myself have talked about starting up somehting like that, but $ for a building, or organization to sponsor space has not been forthcoming ( yet ) .

So I've made some progress since my last post. Not quite ready yet. Still working on it.
bb601d1358bd377807ca8bfb4f401b72.jpg

Yup on the 'It's not a sting ray" deal. In the 60's I'd take any 20" Schwinn cantilever frame and turn it into a stingray. Decals availed at any Schwinn store too. Some I'd dip in acid but, me thinks those ones were not neutralized so, they've likely disintegrated by now. [wink]

That though, would also mean 20" Schwinn's that were made during and after 63-4 as regular bikes, got converted too. All ya needed to sign the deal was a chain guard.

Back