"I wish I had that bike"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I`m sure this has been covered already. What is that one or more bike that you wish you had kept? Kicking yourself for getting rid of? I`ve got a few. Show pics, if you got `em, of the ones you let go.
bikes036.jpg

bikes037.jpg

bikes038.jpg

bikes032.jpg

bikes033.jpg

bikes034.jpg

bikes035.jpg

DYNOAIR023.jpg

DYNOAIR022.jpg

004.jpg

MTB001.jpg

Also had a Trek Y11 that I wish I had kept. Don`t have a pic of it anywhere that I can find.

A Schwinn Corvette I got for free and sold to someone in California.
20050518image0027.jpg

By null at 2009-08-18

realistically, probably just this king sting........

ebaykingstingside.jpg

from a 'show and tell' standpoint maybe these. i didn't enjoy riding them, though, and i don't have room for wall hangers.....

10.jpg

1.jpg

(i don't know what happened to the color on that ranger scan... :? )

sometimes i get nostalgic for my first few mtn bikes, but they would just sit as well...

now, if anybody sees these on ebay you have my permission to knock some sense into my head with a 2x4. i've tried to sell them before, and luckily i had no luck.... :wink:

DSC02003.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

lambohaha said:
You got the GT back tho didn`t ya?

Nah...that one pictured above is a Pro Performer. I scored that at the local resale shop for $20.

Parted it out on Ebay and the profit came in a little over a grand. :shock:

The early Redline Flight cranks sold for $600 alone.

I'd really like to have it back to see what I could have made of it first...putting it all bak together with a few different parts.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Rat Rod said:
lambohaha said:
You got the GT back tho didn`t ya?

Nah...that one pictured above is a Pro Performer. I scored that at the local resale shop for $20.

Parted it out on Ebay and the profit came in a little over a grand. :shock:

The early Redline Flight cranks sold for $600 alone.

I'd really like to have it back to see what I could have made of it first...putting it all bak together with a few different parts.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg
Oh yeah, forgot, that was a Mach One you have. Those Redlines fetch a bunch amongst the purists in the BMX world. A buddy of mine raffled off a PFT the same color. It was a survivor in pretty doggone good shape. He raffled it at what we BMXers called the "Spring Fling" thats held in Tampa/St. Pete every year and got nearly $1000 for it. Shoulda got more but hey ... He coulda parted it out for over $1600 easy.

And to think as a kid I used to buy sell and trade those like baseball cards. There are a lot of bikes I wish I still had a few of them here. I know I have the sickness..... :lol: :mrgreen:
my bootlegger bike
P9140187.jpg

my army bike
P9100137.jpg

dyno
017.jpg

my chopper
chopper.jpg

16" Hoffman
003.jpg

Schwinn Predator
3546457433.jpg

Schwinn Le Tour Touring
P9090106.jpg

Green Schwinn
P8270155.jpg

My Recumbent
saw027.jpg

My old skyway tuff 2 wheels
001-1.jpg

GT Interceptor and Performer
P1310007.jpg

And although not a "bike" I miss my old Indian Moped
003.jpg

Dang. I don't have pictures, but I can sure make a long list of the bikes I wish I'd kept: 4 Schwinn Spitfires from the late 70's, a late 50's Jaguar rat that I converted to a ten-speed by cannibalizing a Varsity, three or four middle weight girls Schwinns, a Dyno Moto-Bike with a seven speed internal hub, a thrashed out old Phantom that would have made a great rat project, my '61 Evans Viscount that I had as a kid, my GT mountain bike.

And that doesn't come close to the '67 BMW R69S with the Earles front fork, and solo saddle.

Now I'm casting the stinkeye on my Specialized 21 speed comfort bike- nice ride, but all the soul of a plate of cold mashed potatoes. It may get traded for something if I get the opportunity. Doubt if I'll miss it, but you never know.

JWM

I wish I still had my 1981 JMC Black Shadow. That's me racing it at Irvine, Summer 1982. 16 yr. old Expert Class.

92843646_d738f2d5ce_z.jpg

Shortly after I sold it, the kid who bought it broke the head tube off jumping it. :(

RestoRodSchwinn said:
I wish I still had my 1981 JMC Black Shadow. That's me racing it at Irvine, Summer 1982. 16 yr. old Expert Class.

92843646_d738f2d5ce_z.jpg

Shortly after I sold it, the kid who bought it broke the head tube off jumping it. :(
Nice and sucks at the same time. A friend of mine has a black JMC as well now whether its a Black Shadow or not I couldn`t tell ya. I just know he just recently had powdered black and it do look sweeeeeeet :wink:

lambohaha said:
Nice and sucks at the same time. A friend of mine has a black JMC as well now whether its a Black Shadow or not I couldn`t tell ya. I just know he just recently had powdered black and it do look sweeeeeeet :wink:

Yeah. Before that bike, I had a JMC Standard. I loved those things. If I were to try and piece together the Black Shadow today, it would run me $1500-$2000. :( My Cruiser, an RRS, would even be more expensive. I need to find a way to get some more scratch!

Back