I was a bad bad boy! (picture heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch, Nice load! the green Mossburg was built for the Mossburg Arms Co. in the early 70's. I've reworked two of these now, Cheap bike but fun because of theere back ground.

Hooch said:
the looptail is a 1976 Rampar R10 I guess

Definitely not a 76. Rampars were still MX bikes with suspension back then. More likely an 83 or so Raleigh Burner. That had the looptail and the gusset with 2 holes in it. Great haul, you got some nice stuff in there!

:oops: I was just typing that I thought the BMXmuseum guys had it right and I was wrong. The R5 was the MX frame, not the R10. The Burner did use that style frame gusset through the early 80s, but they dropped the coaster brake tab, and the R10 had a different gusset by 80. Now I'm thinking you probably have a 78 or 79 R10? Either way, really nice example of an early Raleigh!

How do you clean your chrome? The chrome looks so good on those bikes. I use aluminum foil and wd-40 but they don't look as good as yours.

copper pot scrubber
oimg_CA00198078.jpg

brass brush
606015_front200.jpg

wd40
wd40.jpg

gloves
nitrile-disposable-gloves.gif

Elbow Grease
elbowgrease.jpg

:)

Love the Wildcat! I used to have one in really ratty purple that I redid with new metal flake purple paint and some cheesy lowrider parts. Ended up selling it and about 20 other bikes to the shop I worked at when I moved down to Texas. I miss that one though, it was a blast to ride and the apes are sick!

Awesome little bikes! Mine was all original when I got it, but all the soft stuff was dry rotted way too bad to use, and the paint was pretty rough so I went custom with it. Here's a picture of it right before I sold it, next to my 56 Buick which I also sold... D'oh. And I also wish I had kept the Stewart Warner speedo.
DSCN0135.jpg

If you're planning to flip yours, please, let me know.

wow down to 8 bikes! why do I put myself thru that? lol
bike flipping is very slow here wow I had to drastically reduce prices to sell stuff faster.
only 5 bikes died saving the others so that wasnt bad

Latest posts

Back