I want to build a chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanto to build a chopper and this is the material I have to do it:

DSCN2717a.jpg

DSCN2732a.jpg

I have a mountain bike frame too.

¿Any ideas? It will be my first time.

Thanks.

That green bike is different. What is it? Slap a long springer fork on that one and you've got it. :D

Aaron

Thank you for the chopperbicycle link. It is what I was looking for.

The green one is the bike that a lot of kids had in the 70's here, in Spain. Is a TORROT, it has internal geared 3 speeds Sach hub.

I had thougth about a long fork for it.

Thanks.

Wow the green bike is Freaky Cool! Don't do anything to it!
You should get 3 good pics of it and go to this site:
http://www.FreakBikeNation.net
Check out the gallery and find that you're not posted there!
Then send the pics to Giggles at the the email address listed!
From there you should watch for your bike pics to be posted as the rest of the Freaks drool over it's Freaky-beauty!
Very cool bikes !
Thanks for the pics,
Chainsaw

All of you cause me to think about it. I'm going to overrhaul both the green and red bikes (chrome, paint, polish, ...). Then, I will post pics to these mail.

I will tray to build a long fork for the green one.

Meanwhile, to build the chopper, I think I will have enough with these two frames:

DSCN2741a.jpg

DSCN2738a.jpg

DSCN2736a.jpg

Regards

a good way to build a chooper if its one of your first is ceep the read end from the seat post back with the crank and build the frame of that and then salvage the head tube and relocate it on your frame when you have your frame style and you have desided on a rake

Not sure if it's worth a review but this was a very simple build that has worked out well and is fun to ride. I did basically what spyder said, cut the bottom bracket off the seat post and rear triangle, cut the top tube at the head tube, flipped things around and filled in the top tube with some exhaust pipe.

More here: http://www.stephennolen.com/Bikes/MaxiR ... efault.asp

Marty Eden had a very nice chop by chop sample at one time at ChopperBicycle.net. I couldn't find it right now but it's a good starter reference.

-Stephen

Back