I think I am retarded, new question refer to 1st post please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edited: This was originally asking Rat Rod about his wheel set up from the copper orange bike. But this is what I have to ask.

I just bought some Kenda 26 x 1-3/4 whitewall tires and they are really nice. The problem I am having is that they dont seat completely round all the way around the rim. They fit the rim (schwinn s-7) fine...it's just when I inflate them..there is a part of the sidewall that doest come up to the lip of the wheel all the way so when I spin it...there is essentially a dip in the tire. I've had this trouble on my mountain bike as well. Is there something I am not doing correctly or does anyone else have this probelm? I've tired pulling up on it when its braely inflated to keep it up there but then it moves to another spot. It's on both front and rear and my mountain bike like this and I just cant get it perfect. My 700cc wheelset on my fixed has never had this problem. Thanks a head of time for any tips

The wheels that came stock on this Typhoon were 26 x 1 3/4...not to be confused with 26 x 1.75. They are S-7 rims and use Schwinn specific sized tires. That is what you see in the photo above.

You should be able to use any standard 26" rim with 26 x 2.125 tires...I did for a while...the fit just fine.

Hooch says that the 24" x 3" tire combo won't fit these frames....only older stuff like Pre-War bikes.

inflate the tire to about 10-20lbs...work all the way around the tire squeezing the sidewalls together...add more air (about 30lbs)...repeat the squeeze...fully inflate tire.
I get this problem sometimes...after fully inflating the tire i've had to let out half the air and do it again...because you stated the problem can move i'd rule out a tire problem.
you may need to over-inflate slightly to get the tire to seat, then let some air out (just be careful!!!).

new_dharma said:
inflate the tire to about 10-20lbs...work all the way around the tire squeezing the sidewalls together...add more air (about 30lbs)...repeat the squeeze...fully inflate tire.
I get this problem sometimes...after fully inflating the tire i've had to let out half the air and do it again...because you stated the problem can move i'd rule out a tire problem.
you may need to over-inflate slightly to get the tire to seat, then let some air out (just be careful!!!).

Good tips n_d, thanks. I will just really try and work it all the way around multiple times and even be VERY careful inlfating it above the recommended PSI just while I'm doing this, not to ride it, and then let some air out, to get it back down to 45psi. The bike rides so amazing except for this little dip in the tire thats just ever so annoying.

Back