Huffy thrift shop cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got off work early Saturday...the thrift store was open! Saw this ride sitting in the front window, and as usual, in my excitement, I forget to take a BEFORE picture.....ok, it was kinda dirty, had a white removable front basket on it, foam covered bars, and in nasty shape white walls. Got the bike for $20.....cleaned up the wheels, added the red brick 26 X 2.125's, 52 teeth chainring, new half moon bars and a taller stem with some old black grips. Cleaned up the paint, and here ya have it. Thinkin' about a springer and ditching the chain guard....and the reflectors gotta go. By the way...its a USA built model, so its no newer than 1995!

100_0424.jpg

I bet " Good Vibrations". It probably has the 13/16" seat post too. I like the simple black with those tires.

cHAINGUARD SAYS "HUFFY" Good Vibrations......thanks for the input, the more I look at it, I agree, the guard stays! Got the tires with tubes on Fleabay for $30 for the pair! The chainring was a steal at $0.99.

that is a nice ride, wow, leave it alone you done enough, awsome ride. you can send it to me.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Okay, like all the rest of us.....I couldn't leave it alone.....new black wheelset with Sturmey Archer 3 speed, ditched the fugly reflectors.....man, this thing rides like a dream and it's the cheapest build in the stable.

before:

100_0424.jpg

after:

100_0656.jpg

100_0657.jpg

Considering a set of black "ducktail" fenders........

I'll have to check that out. The geometry of this frame fits so well, for me, and I'm about 5'11". I can sit straight up (does wonders for my bad back!) and cruise.....I think a black springer front end is next....funds permitting. Gotta flip some of the fleet soon!

Fleabay it was.....just kept looking...it was $0.99 and $4 to ship...Thought it was a pretty good deal. Made a BIG difference from the original one

Back