Huffy Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I bought this bicycle and am not sure what year it is.It was made by Huffy and it does not have a date stamped on it.I found one on ebay ,but I am sure about the date.Thanks for your time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1950s-H ... 9923449%26
My bicycle
IMG_0154_zpse268c06a.jpg

IMG_0155_zpsd4a9f88c.jpg

It's a 70's/80's Huffy and most likely the Good Vibrations model.

Check out the stem because it's a Wald stem so the year would be on it above the insert line.
Example: F278 94 which the numbers 94 stands for 1994.

Huffy serial number help from Old Roads too.
Determining a Huffy's age requires two steps:
The last digit of the year of manufacture can be determined by the first digit of the serial number.
Then you have to look for other characteristics to determine the decade of manufacture.
Example:
Your serial number starts with "5"
Your cycle has 26 x 1.75 tires
Your cycle has a built in tank
This would be a cycle manufactured in 1965

Welcome to the forum! These Huffys were made into the mid 90s with the same features. It's in the style of the 50s bikes, but the decal, reflectors, and chainring all point to the 80s-90s. Also thanks for posting that ebay link, I needed a good laugh today! :lol: That bike on there is worth $20 tops. $899 "ON SALE"? :mrgreen: :roll: -Adam

Thanks for the help! I took the stem off and it is a 1983.I am going to have it sandblasted and powder coated .I thinking about putting some black rims on it and big wide handle bars and cruise the beach with it.Does anyone have a good source for rims and handle bars?

Back