Help id this Wards Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum and thank you all in advance for providing such a great resource. I found this bike in my grandmothers garage as I help her clean it out to move. She asked me to do a little digging and see what the bike could be worth for her. I tried digging into it myself but I couldn't find any information on bikes with the same frame style. Most of them I find have curved tubes on the frame, and these are both straight. From what I can see it is a Montgomery Ward Hawthorne. I found a serial number of 31534R on the frame by the rear wheel, but that was all I could find for numbers on the frame. I have attached some photos below of the bike. Thanks again for any insight.

It's an early-mid 70s Snyder built bike, same as a Rollfast. No collector value, but if you cleaned it up and made it rideable, might get $40 or more, depending on your local market. College towns seem to favor these bikes. -Adam

Back