Help ID this recent barn find!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dad found this bike recently. Im not sure what it is, the head badge is missing and I dont recognize the frame and fenders. The chainguard looks like an aftermarket from back in the day. It has curved fender braces and the fenders are ridged or peaked. The serial number is located under the crank and is J34258. Over all the fenders and frame are in good shape. Id like to find out what it is to help decide if i should restore or ratrod.
Thanks for any help. Sorry the pics arent the best they were sent to me via cell.

Definitely a Cleveland Welding Co. (CWC) bike, probably early postwar. That chainring was most often used on their Roadmaster badged bikes, and the variants that also used the crossed flags shaped badge. I believe that chainguard is a McCauley, but you're correct, period aftermarket. -Adam

Looks very similar to my 46/47 CWC. My serial number is J96003. I had a different chain guard though and handlebars are different, but everything else looks identical.

xqc9j7.jpg

Back