Help ID this Raleigh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy this bicycle but I want to know a little more about it. The seller has it listed as a 1954 Raleigh 3 speed. From what I can tell, it has a dyno hub generator. Does anyone know what model this is? The seller wants $75. Do you think it is worth that despite the obviously bent fork (which I figure can probably be straightened)?

6808927654_b9213031f2_b.jpg

I would offer $30 tops (which would be generous), unless there's a way to know the dynohub works.

As for what model, it's more than likely the garden variety Sports.

I'll agree, probably a Sports. Check the rear hub shell for a 2 digit date stamp. It's tough to guess the year otherwise, they kept that same frame for years.

That thing is that out of whack from a bent fork? Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like the frame is twisted.

I'd keep looking, I think there's more reasonable deals out there. Then again, I'm in Ohio and you're in Portland, bikes like this may be harder to come by for you. I've aquired similar bikes (without the dyno) for anywhere from free to $15.

Latest posts

Back