Hello from Portugal :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!

My name is Anibal, and I'm a 21yo bike addict from Braga - Portugal (at least its a healthy addiction LOL).

Unfortunately my oldest bike is a 12" kids bike from when I was bout 4, so none is that ratty... Then I have a 16" BMX (with rear suspension! I'll post some pics if you want me to later on), a 24" MTB (well, it used to be a MTB until last monday, when I got my hands on an old 1970's KTM cyclostatic and got to thinking it would make one heck of a cruiser :p ), a 26" toys'r'us bike :oops: LOL (i've been doing it up for a while now, and it's looking pretty decent, with black wheels, red wall tyres and a lil bit more) and a city bike with 700c tyres that I bought in 07...

I'll see you guys l8r

BTW: i've been coming to this forum for bout a year or so and I've seen the best bikes ever!! So I was a bit worried that I didn't have enough quality to show my attempts at ratting the old bikes a lil.

Welcome! I'm from Porto. Do you know any shops with cruiser parts here in the North?

Don't worry about your bikes, they'll soon become true rats!

Hugo

Thanks you guys :) I'll get the bikes down to the historical part of town and shoot some pics for yall :D

Hey Hugo, we don't live that far away :D 50km! Here in Braga I can't find anything worthy of a real cruiser... We can get some parts from Nirve at a local shop called Bikezone (mud guards, saddles, grips, tires...), and some old bike stores still have the good ol' Tabor saddles (NOS! they don't make 'em new anymore :( at least that's what I've been told), generators, lights... But if you want a new hadlebar, springer forks, sissybars and all, I guess you only have two chioces: Flowcycles (Ovar/Espinho) or UrbanCycles. If you need sth from here let me know and I'll send it to ya :D

BTW: since I had started building my first cruiser about 1/1.5 weeks before the BBO3 started, I guess I should post it in the bike builds section instead right? If only I had held on just those days, I could get this bike on the BBO section... :| :roll:

Thx Rat Rod :) I'm pretty much done... It's rideable again now, but I'm still waiting for my LBS to tell me wether or not they have the seat I asked for in stock at their warehouse :D

Ohh, and some finsishing touches, like waxing it (...), polishing the rest of the chrome, tuning up the gears... But it's almost all set for showing :mrgreen: (I even took it for a spin yesterday, just too see how it felt so far)

If it's almost finished, then you can't play. But as we say around here, "every day is a build off". :D

I think Urbancycles closed their shop a few months ago. I haven't visited Flowcycles, yet- soon to be rectified.

Hugo

Back