Hello from Central Cali a.k.a. Fresno

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I came across this site about a while ago and I’m really getting into it. I’m a central cali native living in Selma, CA. I’ve been into custom bikes since I was young, I started off with lowrider bikes before I could drive and then let it go while I restored my 62 mercury comet. Well I don’t have the car anymore and about 6 months ago I sold my motorcycle and I needed a new hobby and got back into bikes and now I’m a total addict. I have four old Schwinn/Huffy frames I’m building up, two 24 inchers for my wife and sister in-law, a 26” for myself and a sweet 16” that I picked up on ebay (I’ll post more pics soon). I also bought a chopper style bike just for the fun of it. I’ve recently posted on CL hoping to find local people who are also into this hobby, I’ve gotten a couple of responses but not near what I was hoping for. Anyhow I’m looking forward to being part of the site and really looking forward to posting in the classified section. If your local email me at [email protected] or look for at the Selma auto swap meet March 1st, I’ll be the big guy buying all the bike stuff.

Welcome
I grew up in Turlock and Modesto. Now in Texas. And by the way, that's my nick name at work. (Santiago)..
Lately I've coined myself jtejas. There is alot of good stuff here and its way fun..

Here's my chopper.
IMG00009.jpg

jtdaddy said:
Welcome
I grew up in Turlock and Modesto. Now in Texas. And by the way, that's my nick name at work. (Santiago)..
Lately I've coined myself jtejas. There is alot of good stuff here and its way fun..

Cool, santiago is my last name, I'm actually over seeing the building of a new middle school in Denair. I love the Turlock auto swapmeet it's a great place to find bike stuff, I got the blue bike there.

I havent been back in such a long time. Really miss that area. :mrgreen:

Santi, sweet steel, man I'm right down 43 from you in Hanford, I'll e-mail you and probably see you at the Selma Swap.

Mercury Man

66olds98 said:
Yo Santiago.
Whats the story with the Huffy, that thing is ....!

Thanks, I found the bike on ebay, the guy selling said he had found it in a box an old store. He said it was packed flat and couldn’t find the box that had the bars, seat, pedals. Any how I really liked it and how original it looked so I bought it. Other than the missing parts and a few scratches it’s in great shape, the cranks appears to be stuck but I think I just need to re-grease all the bearings. I’m really hoping to find some parts on this site for it.

Dangler that is sick. I love what you did, how did you rake out the forks? I'm even more inspired to work on my bike.

Santiago said:
Dangler that is sick. I love what you did, how did you rake out the forks? I'm even more inspired to work on my bike.
The rake is in the forks. You can see a little more of my bike in the gallery under "The Skid Master"

pay up cycles said:
hey your in selma i live in fowler and have a few custom bike i have made

Cool, post up an intro and some pics so we can check out your rides. You can also PM me your email address and I'll add it to our group list.

Back