Hello (Drew's Intro)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! I'm Drew/29y.o.from midstate South Carolina. I work as a maintenance tech in a manufacturing facility.

I just purchased an Electra Rat Rod Alloy with 24x3" Fat rear tire and a 3 spd Nexus coaster hub last week.
Until last weekend I hadn't actually ridden a bicycle in atleast 5 years and it was something I had been wanting to get back into. In two weekends I have put about 40 miles on the bike. I can say that Electra's are a smooth, sweet ride!

I am also currently working on a junkyard rat bike made from various parts of donor bikes. The donor frame is converted from what was a woman's Western Flyer (approx mid 80's make/Murray mfg). I have stretched the frame about 7.5 inches. I moved the rear of the bike back the full 7.5 inches effectivly moving the pedals 7.5 in forward(inspired by Electra:)~ I also plan on using a 5 speed derailleur rear wheel from an old comfort 10 speed bike. I believe it will be a Rat Rod in the fullest sense once comlete lol.

WELCOME!

Back